Ultrasonic / Sonar

flyfast

Hello,
there is no output of my sonar sensors.
I used the newer ACW-0006 and the original HC-SR04. No difference.
I can selcect the sonar function to "on" in the ArduRemote control.
For troubleshooting purpose I has swapped the sensors from my mower to the new PCB - no success.
The supply power of 5V is present.
PCB 1.3, Azurit 1.08a

Hallo, an meinen Probierboard bekomme ich die beiden Sonarsensoren nicht in Betrieb genommen.
Die Versorgungspannung von 5V liegt an. Ein CrossCheck mit den Sensoren aus meinem Mower hat nicht geholfen.
Im ArdoRemote kann ich einschalten aber eben ohne Erfolg.
Wo kann ich ansetzten zu suchen?
Die Software habe ich noch einmal neu geflasht.
Ein Ansatz wäre toll.

Gruß UWE

Mmhhh, habe am Wochenende meine 3 HCSR-04 einfach angesteckt und es funktionierte auf Anhieb... ich glaub ich musste im Arduremote noch neben dem enablen den Regler für die Entfernung setzen...
Kann ich morgen noch mal nachschauen.
Gruß Michael

PCB 1.3, Azurit 1.09

Danke dir für deinen Input aber es wäre zu schön wenn es so einfach wäre.
Ich habe ja bereits einen funktionierenden Mower an dem ich die Sensoren ausprobiert habe.
In diesem Mower funktionieren beide Typen. Und die funktionierenden Sensoren aus dem Mower funktionieren auf der neuen PCB ebenfalls nicht.
Die Funktion ist enabled und ich habe verschiedene Werte angesteuert.....ohne Erfolg.
Die Tage werde ich die Due swappen um zu schauen ob es ein PCB Problem oder Softwareproblem ist.

Oder habe ich noch irgendetwas übersehen? Hast Du noch eine weitere Idee?

Gruß UWE

The sonar work on the pcb1.3 for me.
Certainly You need to check again your wiring and activate in arduremote use sonar AND use sonar left right etc...

Bernhard,
Thank you for your input.
As I wrote to Michael in my previous post, I has checked out the sensors in my ArduMower.
Both different types are working fine.
Next step for me is to swap the DUE from my Mower (also a 1.3PCB) to the platform just to be sure that the platform DUE is okay.
And yes, the function is enabled in the ArduRemote.
Maybe another Idea?
Thank you for your assistance

UWE

Hallo,

so wie ich das sehe, hast du ein neues PCB und einen DUE, beides aber noch gerade im Aufbau?
Hast du vielleicht die Firmware frisch auf den jungfräulichen DUE mit einem noch nie verwendeten EEPROM an der RTC verwendet?

Falls ja, versuche mal einen Factory Reset und speichere danach einfach mal die Einstellungen so wie sie sind. Es könnte sein, dass der DUE beim auslesen des EEPROM nur Quatsch bekommt weil der noch nie beschrieben wurde. Das führte bei mir zu dem gleichen Effekt. Nach dem einmaligen Beschreiben war es dann gut.

Gruß Patrick

Hello,

from my understanding, you never used this PCB with DUE as it is under construction right now? In this case, please do a factory reset and save all settings after. I discovered a similar problem after the first upload. After initialising EEPROM with Ardumower settings, everything starts working. In my opition, the never used EEPROM causes this issue as DUE (or MEGA too) is unable to read correct settings.

Der Factory Reset hat leider nicht funktioniert.
Trotzdem Danke für den Tip.
Am Montag werde ich die Due`s swappen und sehen ob das ein Due Problem oder PCB Problem ist.
Ich bin für jeden weiteren Input dankbar.

Viele Grüße aus Erding

UWE

No success with the factory reset.
Next step for me is to swap the DUE from my Mower with the platform.
Maybe I can localize what is causing this issue. The PCB or the Due. We will see.....
I`m appreciate any further comments or suggestion.

UWE

Hi.
I agree with Paddy first try to see if your eeprom work.
Try to set the timer to yes , save setting and unplug all (do not forget the usb cable) .
Restart the mower and check the value.
Repeat this with timer use =no
And try to set the date and time and check if it persist after power off.
If it is ok i send you a link to firmware for my sonar.
By

Bernard, I will try your suggestion asap!

I have allready checked the EPPROM in the consol and it passed the check successful.

It is a little bit strange to me because my first PCB is running like a tinkerbell and there should be no difference. But who knows!
My next attemp will be on Monday and I will shear my result with you all.

UWE

Dear all,
I has swapped the platform DUE with my ArduMower DUE.
It looks like that I have a problem with my new PCB 1.3 because the DUE is doing good with my ArduMower.
All the functions including the sonar are given.
For a further troubleshooting I have to find the shearing Point for all three sonar sensor because all three has failed.
It is interesting that the left and right (Not the Center) is in "On" position after a factory reset. Left and Right is installed.

Uwe

Flyfast schrieb:
For a further troubleshooting I have to find the shearing Point for all three sonar sensor because all three has failed.
Uwe

Oh my god, I found the shearing point of all three sonar sensors.
After ordering of a level shifter board for further troubleshooting I`m inspected the PCB once again like I did 10 times before.
Every single solding point.
I forgot to solder in the secound row of the pin strip at the head side of the DUE.
Thank you to all and please accept my apologize for wasting your time and effort.

Tja, Blindheit wird bestraft.
Ich habe die zweite lange Pinleiste auf der Stirnseite des DUE einfach vergessen/übersehen einzulöten.
Eingelötet und siehe da...alles geht.

Viele Grüße und vielen Dank für die Inputs.

UWE

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Is there setting for sonar sensor distance from nose? If I'm using three sensor and install center one different way than left/right ones does it work? Something like center one 15cm from nose and 30cm from ground. Left/right 25 cm from nose and 10 cm from ground.

Hi there!

There is no offset per sonar sensor out of the box. You can activate sonar in general and the connected sensors, only.

But it should be no problem to add an offset in the code. Pseudo code would be:
if sensor equal to "center":
dist = dist + 20

This shifts the center 20 cm to the back virtually, e.g. if your center sonar is 20cm ahead.

P.S.: the code would be in robot.cpp, line 497 (based on azurit 1.09a):
robot.cpp.png

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3922/robot.cpp.png/

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Oben