Schematic is not searchable

frankeden

The Schaltbilder on the wiki is a PDF of the PCB. I try to find, say JP3, but thats not possible since the PDF has no searchable layer and the "fonts"used are just strokes.
I think this is a problem with Kicad which has for a while been unable to produce PDFs that are searchable. Ive read that the latest nightly builds have fixed that problem. I tried to install Kicad but it complained and so far I have been unsuccessful.
It would be really handy for me to be able to find things on the schematic

I installed the nightly version 3 days ago on Windows 10 ( kicad-r10209.2f5fdcf32-x86_64.exe.)

downloads.kicad-pcb.org/windows/nightly/

There is the installation manual but only i german
www.ardumower.de/index.php/de/forum/ardu...nen/1082-kicad#10828

You don't have to install the "Footprints von Walter", but copy the Ardumower library and modules to the right folders.
The manual is in German. But I think google can help you with the translation.

Thanks. Your link didnt work because of the three dots, it should be : https://www.ardumower.de/index.php/de/forum/ardumower-platinen/1082-kicad I followed the steps in that and got a recent nightly build of Kicad working apart from a minor? warning
Alias 'DS1307+' not found in library: '
C:Users. . . pcbProduzierte_P|atinenmegashield_svn_1.3_geschlossenardumow er mega shield svn-cache.dcm'
at line 3 offset 13

BUT GOOD NEWS!
After print the PDF , the result is searchable.

Can I suggest that the PDF schematic is replaced ASAP with a searchable one produced by a more recent version of Kicad?

The missing searchability also bugs me.
I assembled a list of all components and their purpose in the wiki. Maybe this helps you when navigating through the schematics.
http://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Main_board_components_for_PCB_1.3_(English)

hello....i have had this issue before, it was because vector fonts was enabled in schematic. make sure the component name's font are all proportional, and that "always vector font" is not selected in the user interface settings (options/user interface) for your schematic window. hope that helps.

Oben