Raspberry PI onboard

Manu27

Hello,

I would like to onbaord a raspberry PI on the rover. Mainly to investigate why It reboot with a watchdog cause.
I would like to have an arduino IDE and VNC on the RPI, to check the log and have a remote access to change the firmware, etc

I have see some picture with that , and I.'m looking for details .
Could you please advice me on the hardware component that I need
- which RPI is suitable ? RPI 3, 4, Zero?
- which batterie I need ? for have at least 24h of autonomy
- is it required to have another WIFI with antenna ?

thanks a lot for your feedbacks

Most raspberry pi have onboard WIFI antenna and i can't tell you if they work inside the Aluminium chassis.(Also it's complex to find one at correct price).
Without vision use or camera streaming or mapping you use a Simple PI ZERO W (Start / Stop /Console , info on mower are OK)
If the WIFI is not OK at long distance it's always possible to setup the PI as ACCES POINT and connect your phone to it at maybe 10 Ml distance max.

Alfred use Banana Pi M4 with external antenna ,It's slower than a Pi3B+ and maybe you can find one but unfortunatly no community on the board to help when issue with driver or other trouble.
You can take a look here for the wiring and parts needed if you never use a PI.

Now for the soft part, you can find the Piardu sunray version here (It's actually in DEV , so use only the console for the moment to see and save all the data coming from the AGCM4 and see if it can help to detect the watchdog issue),I describe it when everything is finish and work like i expect.

Oben