Odometrie / Azurit 1.09a

flyfast

Good morning,
I just finished the assembling of a PCB 1.3 for a "learning by doing" project.
All systems seems to be okay but I got two different ticks indication in the consol.
One motor turns ecatly 360 with 1089 ticks adjusted in the ArduRemote. The R/H motor slaved a little bit behind.
Is there any possibility to adjust the ticks for each motor seperately somewhere in Azurit 1.09a?
Another question is the speed gap during turning reverse. Is this motor reveres function controlled by ODO?

Thank you in advance for an information.

UWE

Für ein Übungsboard habe ich mir noch einmal eine PCB 1.3 zusammengebaut.
Alles funktioniert soweit. Allerdings habe ich ganz gering Raddrehunterschiede im ODO test der Konsole.
Ein Motor dreht auf den Punkt genau mit 1089 ticks, der andere hinkt ein ganz weinig hinterher. Nicht viel aber sichtbar.
Kann man im Azurit 1.09a die Ticks einzeln einstellen?
Wenn der Mower / die Motoren rückwärts laufen, ist dann die Odometrie noch wirksam?

Gruß aus Erding

UWE

Hi.
If you use the 2 same motors the ticks are the same ,so it's not possible to use 2 setting.
If 1 wheel stop before the other but the 2 wheels run 360 degrees it's not a big problem (the PID controler speed manage this).
If 1 wheel run 360 and the other 370 ,here something really wrong ( check that the shaft motor are correctly fixed) or invert the right and left connection (motor and encoder) to see if the issue is always on the same side.
I need to check but The odometry is used in azurit only to drive in straight line in forward mode, and also change the accel anb brake behaviour ( no distance control like in raindancer or my By lane version).

So if you want to check 1.09 odometry.
Try to mow with odometryuse=no and check if the mower go straigh (normaly it's not perfect)
Activate the Odometry. And repeat the mowing test.
Normally the mower go straight (better than before).

By

Good morning Bernhard,
Thank you for your replay and effort..
Both motors are exactly the same. The only difference is turning direction.
I installed the motors yesterday in my selfmade Chassis (a good smelding wooden tea storage box).
On motor facing forward the other motor facing backward to have the same turning direction on both motors. For troubleshooting purpose I swapped the motors from the left to the right and had the same result. So it seems that the difference is triggered by the PCB. This was the reason for my question regarding the single tick adjustment per motor somewhere in the software.
However, I have to finish up the installation of the remaining part into the box to get a running system.
After that I have a driving platform (Like the Arduino Mini) to be able to check out my new sonar sensors and my modified perimeter receiver. And last but not least…to learn how to deal with the software.
Please give me some days and I will come back to you with a result.

Have a nice weekend.

UWE

Oben