New user. Help needed

rafvice

Dear all,

I am a new user and I would like to start collaborating on this forum.

I have a very stupid question that may be already solved somewhere, but it is very difficult to search in this forum for people who do not speak German.

I bought the PCB 1.3 kit and assembled it following the tutorial. Everything looks fine, but when I turn on the power (24V) and press the start button, the buzzer starts ringing continuously and the Arduino DUE doesn't start until I press the reset button on the Arduino board. After pressing the reset button on the Arduino board everything looks fine. What could be wrong?
Thanking you in anticipation. Best regards,

Rafa

Hi FelixP,
Yes, I was trying with several firmwares and always the problem was the same. Looks that the Arduino DUE is not self-starting.
Here are how I set the jumpers. I tested with both options in case of JP8 and JP13 with the same results.
20200616_083207.jpg
Thank you.

Hi,

the only difference compared to mine is Jumper 8. According to the docs it should be to "Dauer On" during flashing the firmware. At least that is as the jumper is set for my board by factory. I don't have a WLAN board attached is the other difference.
So I recommend that you check all solder joints. It happened to me that I forgot some. Then I would try it with the described settings from the docs: In case that you have the Arduino board from the shop, you MUST set Jumper 13. If it is an original Due board it should not be set. Then I would remove all attached boards like Bluetooth and Wifi to reduce the number of potential problems. Then I would apply the firmware again and try to start the board.

If this does not help, then you should wait that the pro users reply. I just started here. I am not a newbe in electronics and programming, but a newbe on the mower.

Best regards, Felix

Hi FelixP,
Thank you for your comments. I have double checked the connections of JP13 and looks that there was a bad connection. Now everything looks OK.

Thank you very much. Best regards,

Rafa

Oben