Multiple Perimeter Area mowing

bernard

Hi .

Station Area and Area 2 are not connected and need the use of 2 senders.
I want to mow on multiple perimeter AREA in Schedule mode.
The goal is that the mower mow Sunday using perimeter wire on station Area and monday on Area 2 with area2 wire and when finish, find again the area station to go charging.
Rfid Tag can be used to locate perfectly the changing area location on the wire.

I want to connect a ESP8266 on the sender to have a communication between the mower and the sender to start and stop the Signal (SigCode 1 on station And sigcode 2 on area 2).

Or is it possible to build a new sender using a Node MCU and small motor driver to send SigCode 2 (Don't need here to manage the charging station so maybe don't need the sender PCB board).

Do you think ESP can manage the High frequence sig code and the WIFI at the same Time ??????

Not really easy for me so if someone have idea it can help a lot.

By.

I don't know how your area setup is, but if you can start from the station with the two wire loops, you can switch the wire loops with relays form the station. Under this conditions, the station decides, which loop to mow and when.

Hi Bernard,

As mentioned in my tread I also very interested in that thema and me and my freind will support you in that, so that we can work together ;) .

Marc

Hi Roland.
I don't know how your area setup is
Unfortunatly it's not possible in my case.
The 2 area are totaly disconnected and no wire is possible between them (asphalt area) between them and also very long station perimeter wire (>300 Meters)
Also no permanent WIFI is possible in the garden. between mower station and area 2 or 3.

It's why i want to use the mobile mower as WiFi access point and manage the start and stop of the second area using ESP.

Actualy and to test all the process (But it's not the lower cost solution) i have ordered a second full sender set from marotronics and use the ESP-01 OUT02 connected to NANO input to start and stop the signal.
So in normal Mode when the mower leave the station Area the sender 2 ESP can detect the Acces Point and communicate to start or stop the signal.

Hope this can work

Or if other solution is possible ?????

How should the mower find the way from docking station to the second array if you can't put something in the asphalt?

Hi Roland and Alsa
First a Perfect positionning of the mower is very important and need Odometry,IMU and RFID tag to work.

Into the timer i add the area to mow.
When the time is OK the mower leave the station and follow the wire until find "To area2" RFID TAG .
At this point the perimeter receiver is deactivate the mower rotate to find particular direction and start to move for a particular distance and stop Inside the area 2.
With the GY88 IMU and odometry it's possible to move 20 meters with 1 or 2 deg accuracy.
Normaly during this the Area 2 sender detect the mower and start to send the Sig Code 2 the sig code 1 from station area never stop.
The mower now try to detect the signal 2 and if it's OK it start to mow until bat is low.

All this work with RFID Tag because when the bat is low the mower need to go back to station ,so reach the area 2 and follow wire until find again a new "To area station" RFID Tag and again stop read sig code2 move to area 1 and return to charging station.

All is idea for the moment and only the Timer and rfid parts are actually OK.

It's complex to do this using GPS because the accuracy (+- 10Ml) is not OK to be sure that the mower localisation is perfect during move without signal sender but maybe with the next Ublox M9 ????

Not easy to explain but i send screen copy of the setting when done.

By.

Maybe it is easy to connect the two senders. When you start the mower, both senders will be activated. Then you have only to drive the the second area. I think when the perimeter are 10m away, they should
do not influence each other.

Hi.
Unfortunatly it's only 3 m between the 2 areas.
It's why i want to use differents Signal code.
easy to connect the two senders
How exactly ?
It's 50 m between the 2 senders (433Mhz , Wifi and BT fail.)
it's why i want to use the mower itself.

Ok, that's I didn't konw. I would try to use a 433MHz sender and send a signal out to the reciever until I receive the new perimeter signal. It't should be enough only to send the 433 signal out to the receiver. The feedback is the perimeter signal. The sender sends the signal then for 5h for example. Or: When you find the way to the new area without a signal, you can stop in thesecond area, send the activastion signal and wait for the perimeter signal. Then stop sending the signal.

Hello...to test all the process i have ordered a second full sender set from marotronics and use the ESP-01 OUT02 connected to NANO input to start and stop the signal.So in normal Mode when the mower leave the station Area the sender 2 ESP can detect the Acces Point and communicate to start or stop the signal.

First test to mow a new Area in full automatique

When the time is OK the mower leave the station and follow the wire until find a "GoTo area2" RFID TAG .
At this point the perimeter receiver is deactivate the mower roll to find particular Yaw and start to move for a particular distance (2 times to reach particular point) and stop Inside the area 2.
Normaly during this the Area 2 sender detect the mower (here a Bug, the ESP32 sometime need a reset to work) and start to send the SigCode it's the same as station area .
The mower now try to detect the signal and if it's OK it start to mow until bat is low. https://youtu.be/pP8OtG-Rpec
When the bat is low the mower follow wire until find again a new "To area station" RFID Tag and again stop read sig code , stop sender2 ,move to area 1 and return to charging station.
https://youtu.be/jNEDd6JJk60

Oben