Multiple NFC points when moving from area1 to area 2

RonPeeters

Hello all,

Would it be possible to use multiple NFC cards to traject the path to area2?

At these points the mower would be outside both perimeter wires...

Just a thought... nothing more...

Thanks in advance.

perhaps this is an alternative: Object-Tracking with esp32-camera.
the camera tracks the object and gives x and y position value of the object in the image.
if it is possible to recognize several objects (color or shape) then we could align the mower according to these objects.
Gruß Fürst Ruprecht

Please try to post a schematics of your thought.
Maybe it's the FAST_START

@bernard

What I was thinking:
  1. The mower mows area 1
    1. When finished (triggers are currently unclear to me) it passes tag 1 and starts to drive towards area 2
  2. When heading to area 2, it needs to avoid some obstacles (pass trough a fence at 3, where a tag could be locate and avoid a table and chairs (between 1 and 2)
  3. The tags could indicate a direction change for the mower.
A screenshot with raw indicators is attached.
I haven't read enough of the inner workings of the AzirutBer firmware to create a schematics of the states, but it think it would be multiple 'TRACK_TO_START' Todo:FAST_START or new area tags.

I currently do not understand why the mower would be sent off to area2. There is no 'You are done here, go mow elsewhere' trigger, is there? :) So I would think this would be invoked by the charging station...

I tried to explain as clear as possible. If it is still is gibberish to you, I will retry 😇

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Anhänge

• 2021-06-19 22_45_27-Google Earth.png
    2021-06-19 22_45_27-Google Earth.png
    652,5 KB · Aufrufe: 7
perhaps this is an alternative: Object-Tracking with esp32-camera.
the camera tracks the object and gives x and y position value of the object in the image.
if it is possible to recognize several objects (color or shape) then we could align the mower according to these objects.
Gruß Fürst Ruprecht

@Fürst Ruprecht This seems really great, but this falls in the 'Advanced' or 'Expert' section of this project. And I am not there (yet) :cool:

@bernard

What I was thinking:
  1. The mower mows area 1
    1. When finished (triggers are currently unclear to me) it passes tag 1 and starts to drive towards area 2
  2. When heading to area 2, it needs to avoid some obstacles (pass trough a fence at 3, where a tag could be locate and avoid a table and chairs (between 1 and 2)
  3. The tags could indicate a direction change for the mower.
A screenshot with raw indicators is attached.
I haven't read enough of the inner workings of the AzirutBer firmware to create a schematics of the states, but it think it would be multiple 'TRACK_TO_START' Todo:FAST_START or new area tags.

I currently do not understand why the mower would be sent off to area2. There is no 'You are done here, go mow elsewhere' trigger, is there? :) So I would think this would be invoked by the charging station...

I tried to explain as clear as possible. If it is still is gibberish to you, I will retry 😇

Thanks in advance for your reply.
It's clear for me.
Remember it's robotics mower, so need to mow in total autonomous mode using timer.
It is the same as commercial robotics mower

Mower never know when one area is finish to mow (it's different on SUNRAY) So it's back to station according : Battery low ,Timer finish,or rain trig etc...

You only decide using timer if area1 need 2 hours per days to mow complete or more (same for other area 2 or 3) and adjust timer with start location according your visual result.
So to work well Tracking and docking need to work PERFECTLY and mower never need to cut more than 1 CM of grass on each run to have a good result.

For TAG it's not so easy.
Actually when mower leave one area to go to other one it use IMU to run in straight line and odometry to know where to stop. (Perimeter is not read and mower run without wire control)
BUT Imu is 2 deg accuracy so you can't find a tag when changing from area to other one (Tag can only locate directly on the perimeter wire).
see WIKI go to new area :
AzuritBer Pi Firmware RFID(English) — www.wiki.ardumower.de

It's clear for me.
Remember it's robotics mower, so need to mow in total autonomous mode using timer.
It is the same as commercial robotics mower

Mower never know when one area is finish to mow (it's different on SUNRAY) So it's back to station according : Battery low ,Timer finish,or rain trig etc...

You only decide using timer if area1 need 2 hours per days to mow complete or more (same for other area 2 or 3) and adjust timer with start location according your visual result.
So to work well Tracking and docking need to work PERFECTLY and mower never need to cut more than 1 CM of grass on each run to have a good result.

For TAG it's not so easy.
Actually when mower leave one area to go to other one it use IMU to run in straight line and odometry to know where to stop. (Perimeter is not read and mower run without wire control)
BUT Imu is 2 deg accuracy so you can't find a tag when changing from area to other one (Tag can only locate directly on the perimeter wire).
see WIKI go to new area :
AzuritBer Pi Firmware RFID(English) — www.wiki.ardumower.de
Thanks Bernard. Your information is clear.

Oben