Mowing with perimeter and 2 areas as shown in the Wiki - does it work? And how then?

RonPeeters

In the wiki about the perimeter wire an example is shown about dividing areas while using the perimeter wire.

Can someone explain to me how the robot would enter the small area and mow it?

The only reason (I can think of) why the robot would enter the small area, is when it is returning to the charging station.
So it would néver mow that area.

Or am I missing something here?

Hello, I agree with you, it doesn't work that way. I have the same problem. that's why i'm working on a gps variant: Lawn mower runs the loop until it comes to a gps point and then starts to mow. but is not finished yet, but I hope it will work soon https://forum.ardumower.de/threads/mäh Zonen-%C3%BCber-gps-punkte.23748/

I am currently ready through the Azurit code and indeed, nothing to be found that indicates other than what I already thought. :)

From that forum entry, I can tell you are already working a while on this! Impressive!

In the wiki about the perimeter wire an example is shown about dividing areas while using the perimeter wire.

Can someone explain to me how the robot would enter the small area and mow it?

The only reason (I can think of) why the robot would enter the small area, is when it is returning to the charging station.
So it would néver mow that area.

Or am I missing something here?

Maybe i don't understand your question but mower can mow in the 2 area without issue using the timer.

It use the Start/DistStation and start to mow where you want from station and mow in the lane direction you want.
See AZURITBER WIKI timer setting you can adjust on 5 timer different entry point from docking station.

So mow on small area on monday morning and big area an other day

But you need a docking station.

Maybe i don't understand your question but mower can mow in the 2 area without issue using the timer.

It use the Start/DistStation and start to mow where you want from station and mow in the lane direction you want.
See AZURITBER WIKI timer setting you can adjust on 5 timer different entry point from docking station.

So mow on small area on monday morning and big area an other day

But you need a docking station.

If I understand correctly:
- Using the timer in AzuritBer firmware, you can define on a schedule how long the ardumer needs to track the wire after it leaves the docking station (charger)?
- No technical need for RFID there then?
I must have missed this in the Wiki (I tried to read it carefully!)

I haven't read into the code of AzuritBer firmware to grasp this.

RFID and PI are optional and not needed in your first schematic
It's only mandatory to use multiple mowing area (with different sender and no possible wire link between the 2 area)

In the timer you select the distance from station where mower start to mow and using bylane mode mower mow exactly where you want .

Certainly WIKI need to be clarify :LOL: :LOL:

RFID and PI are optional and not needed in your first schematic
It's only mandatory to use multiple mowing area (with different sender and no possible wire link between the 2 area)

In the timer you select the distance from station where mower start to mow and using bylane mode mower mow exactly where you want .

Certainly WIKI need to be clarify :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for this clarification Bernard.
This is really helpfull!

Writing and maintaining a Wiki that is easy to read for everyone at every technical level that is really hard! I totally understand.

Oben