Migrating Brushless to Brushed

senil

Hello colleagues,
After the problems I had with the brushless controllers I decided to change them to brushed controllers.
I would need to check with you if there is anything I forgot.

Before the change it had these characteristics:
- PCB 1.4
- RTK GPS Kit
-Grand Central M4
- BL42 brushless motor
- Brushless Mower Motor 57BL03
- ArduMower Brushless Adapter V1.0

I have purchased the MC33926 brushed motors and controllers.
MA42 DC planetary gear motor 24 volt with HallIC 30-33 RPM 8mm shaft
DC motor 63 25 24 V, 8mm shaft
I have removed the Brushless Adapter and previous drivers.
I have also soldered the capacitors on C10 and C11.
1683284727703.png

I have also removed the capacitors.

1683284744207.png

Comment:
// ...for the brushless motor april 2021 https://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Datei:BLUnit.JPG
//#define TICKS_PER_REVOLUTION 1300 / 2 // 1194/2 odometry ticks per wheel revolution

Uncomment:
// ...for the newer 42mm diameter motor (green connector) https://www.marotronics.de/MA42-DC-...-30-33-RPM-8mm-Welle-ab-2-Stueck-Staffelpreis
#define TICKS_PER_REVOLUTION 696 / 2 // odometry ticks per wheel revolution

Comment:
//#define MOTOR_DRIVER_BRUSHLESS 1 // uncomment this for new brushless motor drivers
//#define MOTOR_DRIVER_BRUSHLESS_MOW_DRV8308 1 // uncomment for brushless DRV8308 driver and mowing motor
//#define MOTOR_DRIVER_BRUSHLESS_GEARS_DRV8308 1 // uncomment for brushless DRV8308 driver and gear/traction motors

This is all I've done so far.

If anyone sees that I am missing something else, I will appreciate your comments.

Thank you so much!
Greetings.

As I see that there are no comments, I have risked putting it into operation after the changes.

I have seen that one of the wheels goes backwards. Nothing that can't be corrected with the software.

On the other hand, the turning motor, when starting it, turns off after about 3 seconds.

From what I've seen, it tells me this in the console:

ERROR: mowing motor, average rpm too low: pwm=-189.34 pwmLP=-100.70 rpmLP=0.00 (NOTE: choose ENABLE_RPM_FAULT_DETECTION=false in config.h, if your mowing motor has no rpm sensor!)

ERROR: mow motor, average rpm too low: pwm=189.34 pwmLP=100.70 rpmLP=0.00 (NOTE: choose ENABLE_RPM_FAULT_DETECTION=false in config.h, if your mowing motor has no rpm sensor!)

Do you think that this parameter can be deactivated happily? Or is there something that is not working well?

Thank you so much.
All the best.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
As I see that there are no comments, I have risked putting it into operation after the changes.

I have seen that one of the wheels goes backwards. Nothing that can't be corrected with the software.

On the other hand, the turning motor, when starting it, turns off after about 3 seconds.

From what I've seen, it tells me this in the console:

ERROR: mowing motor, average rpm too low: pwm=-189.34 pwmLP=-100.70 rpmLP=0.00 (NOTE: choose ENABLE_RPM_FAULT_DETECTION=false in config.h, if your mowing motor has no rpm sensor!)

ERROR: mow motor, average rpm too low: pwm=189.34 pwmLP=100.70 rpmLP=0.00 (NOTE: choose ENABLE_RPM_FAULT_DETECTION=false in config.h, if your mowing motor has no rpm sensor!)

Do you think that this parameter can be deactivated happily? Or is there something that is not working well?

Thank you so much.
All the best.
Into config.h

//#define ENABLE_RPM_FAULT_DETECTION true // use mow rpm signal to detect a motor fault (requires mowing motor with rpm output!)
#define ENABLE_RPM_FAULT_DETECTION false

Oben