Latest schematics and question to charging

alda

Hi,
I downloaded latest ardumower schematics and I'm a little bit lost. I can't understand a part around charging.
There is 2x INA169 for current checking - one with output pinChargeCurrent and one pinCargingBilanz. Also IC LM350T Ladereglung isn't clear for me. Is there any thread with explanation ? Or please can you explain me a function of IC + relay ?

Thanks

Alex

charge.jpg

Hi Alex,

the latest schematics is for the Eperimental Board.

You can use it with Charger ot not. The Charging current can controlled with the mega or Automatic if the mower is in the charging Station. There many choises to use the board.

One Ina169 is for the Charging curent and one is for currnet that the mower needs.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you

It's clear that latest schematics is for Experimental board, but I want use some ideas into old version.
Because I'm using Li-ion charger, I think I don't need a LM350T and also not a INA169 for pinchargingbilanz.

But INA169 for pinchargecurrent and Relay I want use.

If I good understand, relay is switched on, when mower is in the station, but how it's detected that mower is in the station ? Because when relay is off, no current over the INA sensor or ?

thanks

Alex

Hi

As i understand, pinChargingBilanz monitors the current drawn by the mower. I think you can bypass the INA169 U5 if you don't need this feature.

The drop voltage of the D1 diode could also be a problem if you use an external charger.

Have you modified the pinBatteryVoltage measurement point? It is not the same point in the ardumower mega shield svn.pdf file of 13/02/2015.

Hi,
Not sure if pinChargingBilanz will show me current consumption of the mower, because 24V is not going over this INA. So what I can measure is current consumtion of the electronic without motors.

D1 - I will cancel also

Regarding voltage measurement - it's quite strange, because I'm using last version ( I hope so ) after TortoiseSVN update and in the pdf file in pcbmegashield_svn_0.5 is can see 29.12.2014 ... strange

Can you send me last pdf file ?

Alex

Hi

The monitoring of the 24V current is made by the mc33926 so i think that if you add motor current and chargingBilanz you have the total current.

I have delete and update my SVN folder and got the same pdf file. The date in the template is not updated between version (always 29/12/2014).
The measurement of pinBatteryVoltage is after the D9 diode. In your drawing, this measurement is before the diode.

SVN update is the good way to get the last files and prevent to spread outdated files.
You can right-click on the pdf file and look at the subversion properties. Last changed revision for the file must be 442. I suggest you to delete and update your SVN directory to get the last file.

Hi,

now I have right drawing. After delete was update ok.

Question to the relay : When voltage is detected on the pinChargeVoltage, arduino will switch on the relay and relay will connect charger with akku, but power for the PCB is still from the akku ( on my schematics ). For me there is too much wires. I think connection to pin 14 on the relay isn't necessary and also C5 isn't necessary ( maybe it's wrong in table : External power : YES = C5 : not used ?? ).

Alex

Do you have higher resolution version of that? I think it is good to put diode to input pins so that if there is power outage battery cannot feed charger station. More important function for it is that if robot gets misaligned to station it does not sort circuit your battery. Actually why there even is relay? Why it does not use fet at groud side so that when battery is full it will cut ground of from charging?

Oben