Laden

Vic

Hello

Mein batteri habt 6V und ich laden das batteri 4 h aber batteri ghets nicht full. Es ist nur 13,7 V.

Ich habe nicht behlastungen das batteri. Ohne fur testing das Ardumower zu Hause (inhouse).

Ich habe Sunray.

Ich glaube nicht, dass der Akku aufgeladen wird. Befindet sich auf der Leiterplatte (PCB) eine Sicherung oder ähnliches wie das Ladegerät?

Sry for bad German ;)

Images here:

At least one cell in your battery is defective, probably several.
If you have no experience with LiPo batteries, please be aware that any mistake can cause the cells to burn.
Without the appropriate basic knowledge, you should rather buy a new battery.

You can open the battery. Remove the foil and then you see how the cells are connected. The standard battery is 7S2P, which means that you have two units with 7 cells each that are connected in series; these two units are connected in parallel. 7S(eriall)2P(arallel)
You should separate all cells from each other so that you have each cell individually in front of you. Then every cell is loaded, then every cell is discharged in a controlled manner to see how much power it still has. This way you can recognize and replace the defective cells. You should only use cells of the same type, so don't take any that are cheap, this will only lead to further problems. The cells in the battery are Sony cells of the type US18650VTC5.
Usually the contacts of the cells are welded, the cells can also be soldered. Then you need a soldering iron with 500W, the soldering may take a maximum of 3 seconds, otherwise the cells become too hot and are destroyed.
It is easier if you use the 3D printer to print a housing for the cells, then you do not have to solder or weld.

But again, without the appropriate knowledge, experience and tools, you'd better buy a new battery.

You can get a BMS from the same dealer who sells the battery, otherwise look for a BMS for 7S 20A. It is important that you take one where the charging contact and the discharging contact are identical. There are BMS that have separate contacts for loading and unloading, that would not work for us, so you need one for loading and unloading via the same connection.

The battery pack should not go below 21.7 volts as this will damage the battery.
BMS look pic

Building the battery yourself is very dangerous if you do not know exactly what you are doing.
best regards Michael

Anhänge

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    88 KB · Aufrufe: 14
How do I know if the mower charge the battery correctly? Can I see charging in Sunray somewhere?

I was talked to ASN Energy and they said that I do not need BMS because ArduMower turns off the mower when Undervoltage. For BMS and battery, they want €194. But I think I take with BMS and ASN also have a new buggar battery for Ardumower. 10 Ah 💪💪But it cost €249+BMS I think😮

A BMS always makes sense, if only because it also balances the cells. And we're talking about additional costs of ~ € 10.
In the app you will be shown the current when charging (-1.0A), you can see that the battery is being charged.

If you have a battery built, you can determine the power yourself. You can also use 7S4P instead of 7S2P. I am currently building a 7S7P with 25Ah.

Where are you from? maybe I can also give you my original battery (7S2P). It doesn't have 20 charging cycles and is as good as new. Just write me a PN

Hi,

Ok thank you. Maby you going to need your battery to something else later. If you don´t think so I can buy it from you. I was ordered yesterday a big battery and I sent my small one to ASN so they can take a look at it and maby charge it up.

Im from Sweden :) I was today got some Electric central boxes so I can move all-electric so it easier to upgrade the machine later on. I think its nice to make it like a guardian and burglary detecting/ monitor robot. Im going to put cameras in it. I can send some images when I started to build this.

You can use car batteries, but you have to take a appropriate charger and change the battery parameters in the code.

Oben