Intecno gear motor (Ambrogio L300) Hall sensor

petelake

Hi,

I try to revive my Wiper one (=Ambrogio L300).
The planetary gear motors are still working and they are very similar to those of the Ardumower-shop.
But, there are 2 thick power wires and 3 (not 4) smaller wires (red, yellow, black) (see picture).
Questions (I'm a complete newbie but want to learn):
- does 3 wires mean: 2 for power and one for a single signal (yellow)
- does the wheel motor from the shop have 2 Hall sensors (so 4 wires) and two signals? (it looks like that in Wiki)
- is it possible then to use the odometry from my own motors with the Ardomower Arduino sketch
- how much voltage is send or should i apply to the sensor? (I can not find the operation voltage of the sensor)
- How will the Arduino know for a given number of impulses what the speed of my particular motor is?

Thanks for help, Peter

Hi

I have an Ambrogio L200 and my motors seems to be the same as yours.

Yes, 3 wires mean: 2 for power up the hall effect sensor and one for a single signal (yellow).
you need to add a pull up resistor between red and yellow. I use a 10k resistor.

Yes, wheel motor from the shop have 2 Hall sensors (so 4 wires) and two signals

Yes, it is possible to use the odometry from your own motors with the SVN code.
You need to set:
odometryUse = 1; // use odometry?
twoWayOdometrySensorUse = 0; // use optional two-wire odometry sensor?

You need to supply power on red/black wire. 5V sould be OK.Don't forget the resistor.
In my case, I power up the sensor with 12V as original board and use a voltage divider to get 5V output (3.3V in fact for Due). Please check the datasheet of your sensor before use 12V instead of 5V.
(for "A80L" package marking, it seems to be http://www.allegromicro.com/~/media/Files/Datasheets/A3280-1-3-Datasheet.ashx)
You only need to know the ratio of the gear.
For my L200 the value is approximately 300.
odometryTicksPerRevolution = 300; // encoder ticks per one full resolution
To check this, use console with SVN code, make exactly one turn of wheel and check the odo value.
By counting the number ticks per second, the arduino know the speed in revolutions per minutes.

To check the max speed, it is a little bit tricky since SVN code use max speed in RPM.
We can talk back about that when you will be ready with your motors.

Hope this help. Best luck.

Oben