I2C problem_ RTC module not found

krist

I am building the Ardumower system with a Ardumower version 1.3 mainboard and an ArduinoDue. But this is not completely working,
I have a problem with the I2C on the board: It does not seems to find the RTC clock.

I checked the Ardino due on the SCL/ SDA ports (pins20 and 21) with an oscilloscope and there I can see the I2C pulses ( when the Arduino was not on the Ardumower mainboard).

When I insert the Arduino Due on the mainboard, and start everything up, I get this error in the serial monitor:

1583358046387.png

If I measure again with the oscilloscope on the SCL port on the Arduino I have low voltage.
So I believe that there is something wrong with PC1 ( PCA9517D) chip on the main board.

This one is directly connected to the Arduino and controls the RTC.

How can I get this working?I am stuck for the moment.

Any help is welcome,

Krist

Hi.
There are many post into the old forum with RTC issue.

Check that no JC2,JC3,JC4 ...etc are present and no other I2C module are connected
Then you can test with a simple I2C scanner software (DUE Version) to see if the 2 RTC adress are OK.

Hallo ich schreibe in deutsch weil das meine Hauptsprache ist und ich Englisch zwar einigermaßen lesen aber nicht sicher schreiben kann.
Bitte übersetze das selber z.B mit dem Google Translater.
Ich gehe mal davon aus das du das 1.3 Board hast mit der RTC Uhr aus dem Shop.
Da du nicht geschrieben hast auf welche Art und weiße du das Board eingeschaltet hast kann ich nur Vermutungen anstellen.

1. Der Akku muss angeschlossen sein sonst kann es zu Fehlermeldungen kommen.
(Kontrolliere die Lötstellen auf . kalte Lötstellen, brücken oder eine Lötstelle die vergessen wurde zu verlöten)

2 Wenn du das Board nur in Betrieb genommen hast indem du das USB Kabel angeschlossen hast kommt es zu Fehlermeldungen. Das kannst du daran erkennen das auf den Board nur die 2 LEDs für 3 und den 5V leuchten die von den Arduino Board kommen. Das reicht aber nicht aus. weil die Spannung über das USB Kabel kommt aber das Board noch ausgeschaltet ist.
Das erkennst du daran das auf der linken Seite auf der Platine nur 2 LEDs Leuchten für die 3,3V und 5V die von den Arduino kommen. Du musst aber das Bord trotzdem einschalten über den Starttaster damit auch die 2 LEDs mit 3,3V und 5V von auf der Hauptplatine anfangen zu leuchten. Dort wird auch die Versorgungsspannung erzeugt für die ganzen Zusatzmodule. Es müssen also 4 Leuchtdioden 2x 3,3V und 2x5V leuchten auf 1.3 Platine.

3. Wie ist der Jumper eingestellt JP8. Der muss gesteckt sein. Einmal für Dauerbetrieb zum testen usw. Das heißt das Board kann sich selbst bei einer leeren Batterie nicht abschalten. Die 2 Einstellung ist Automatik. Das heißt wenn die Batterie Leer ist kann die Hauptplatine sich abschalten um die Batterie vor eine Tiefentladung zu schützen.

4 Oben in der Reihe wo man noch mehr i2c Module anschließen kann dürfen keine Jumper gesetzt werden. Die Jumper dürfen nur gesetzt werden wenn auch ein I2C Modul angeschlossen ist., sonst werden die Module nicht gefunden.

5 Messe bitte von der Uhr die Spannung der Knopfzellenbatterie nach. Wenn die nicht stimmt oder zu niedrig ist austauschen. Achte darauf ob du eine reine Batterie oder aufladbare Batterie darauf sitzen hast. Besser ist zum teil die aufladbare Batterie. Für mehr Informationen siehe altes Forum

6 Wenn das auch nicht funktioniert den Arduino abziehen und auch die Uhr. Dann mit ein paar Testleitungen die Uhr mit den Arduino verbinden . Dann das USB Kabel einstecken . Jetzt hast du die Möglichkeit einen I2c Scanner auf den Arduino aufzuspielen um zu sehen ob damit die Uhr gefunden wird.
z.B https://github.com/Ardumower/ardumower/blob/master/code/tests/i2c/i2c.ino oder einen anderen I2c Scanner. Darauf achten das du die Spannungen korrekt an die Uhr angeschlossen hast.

7 Sollte das auch nicht funktionieren mal ein paar Fotos machen von deiner Platine und Aufbau bzw. Verdrahtung . So wie du es in Betrieb genommen hast damit ich sehen kann welche Jumper du gesteckt hast und welche Leuchtdioden leuchten. Ruhig mehrere Bilder möglichst scharf und auch von hinten damit ich auch die Lötstellen auch sehen kann.

Gruß
Uwe

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello I write in German because that is my main language and I can read English to a certain extent but not write safely.
Please translate this yourself e.g. with the Google Translater.
I assume that you have the 1.3 board with the RTC clock from the shop.
Since you didn't write in which way and you know how to turn on the board I can only make guesses.

1. the battery must be connected or it can come to error messages.
(Check the soldering points on . cold soldering points, bridges or a soldering point that was forgotten to solder)

2 If you have only started the board by connecting the USB cable, error messages will appear. You can see that only the 2 LEDs for 3 and the 5V coming from the Arduino board light up on the board. But that is not enough, because the voltage comes from the USB cable but the board is still switched off.
You can see this because on the left side of the board there are only 2 LEDs for the 3.3V and 5V coming from the Arduino. But you have to switch on the board with the start button so that the 2 LEDs with 3,3V and 5V from the motherboard start to light up. There also the supply voltage is generated for the whole additional modules. So there must be 4 LEDs 2x 3.3V and 2x5V on 1.3 board.

3. how is the jumper set JP8. It must be plugged in. Once for continuous operation for testing etc. That means the board can't switch itself off even if the battery is empty. The 2 setting is automatic. This means that if the battery is empty the main board can switch off to protect the battery from deep discharge.

4 At the top of the row where more i2c modules can be connected, no jumpers may be set. The jumpers may only be set if an I2C module is connected, otherwise the modules will not be found.

5 Measure the voltage of the button cell battery from the clock. If the voltage is not correct or too low, replace it. Pay attention if you have a pure battery or a rechargeable battery. Better is partly the rechargeable battery. For more information see the old forum

6 If that also does not work, disconnect the Arduino and also the clock. Then connect the watch to the Arduino with a few test leads. Then plug in the USB cable. Now you have the possibility to upload an I2c scanner to the Arduino to see if the watch is found.
For example https://github.com/Ardumower/ardumower/blob/master/code/tests/i2c/i2c.ino or another I2c scanner. Make sure that you have connected the voltages correctly to the clock.

7 If that doesn't work either, take some pictures of your board and its wiring. As you have put it into operation so I can see which jumpers you have plugged in and which LEDs are lit. Quietly take several pictures as sharp as possible and also from behind so that I can see the solder joints.

Greeting
Uwe

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaktionen: kai
Hi did you check the battery of the clock module. If it's not okay, nothing works. A second module for testing would also be an option. Do you still have pictures of your 1.3 and the measurement that often helps us.

regards
Jürgen

Oben