Friendly robotics RL 200 (Help Needed!)

tillo

hi I am was planning to build my very own mower based of an older friendly robotics RL 200 that is not working anymore.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ioV0y5j02pI/hqdefault.jpg

(picture taken from google- Will upload a picture of my robot later)

I started out all by myself, but as always you come across a few things that you cant solve yourselfe. So I started googeling and found the Ardumower project. And I think this could be something really cool for me to do instead of doing everything myself.

But now comes my problems, I have most parts already bought.

*Arduino Due
*perimeter sensors
*Bumper sensors already on the robot
*proximity ultra sound sensors
*Rain sensor
*and a few other things as well.

Now To the real question, When reading the guide, I cant stop wondering if I really need the main interface board PCB 1.2 or PCB 1.3?

I also guess that I might need some additional help with understanding the connection and setup of all the sensors, especially the guide wire sensor. I feel like there is very little information about the receiver. Plenty of info for the sender but not much for the receiver.

pleas don’t just dismiss my small simple question, ask instead follow-up questions.

Best Regards Tillo

Hi Tillo,
no you don't need PCB 1.2 or 1.3. It's DIY project, so you can do what you want :), but best support you will receive when you will use PCB 1.3.
But as I wrote, it isn't necessary. I'm also using my own PCB, because I can produce myself and it's cheaper solution.
For more informations please look on the Wiki and also a lot of infotmations and modifications you can find on the forum.
Alex

Oben