Edge cutting

deejay808

Hi

I'm looking with high interest to this project as I am planning to build the ardumower.
The first question that I have: why is the cutting blade centrally placed? That makes it nearly impossible to cut the edges of the lawn.
If it could be placed more towards 1 side of the ardumower it could reach closer to the edges. I think this would make sense if ardumower would e.g. start with cutting the edges following the perimeter wire and then start random mowing.
Is this possible?

Thanks!

It is less likely to hit an obstacle or your dogs paw with the blade, when it is far away from the edge of the mower.

Check out the Arctic Hare chasis out of the 3D-printer. But don't ignore Eddi's objections. I'm also worrying about how to make sure nothing can be be cut that shouldn't be cut off without bending the grass so it is not cut at all :unsure:

At Arctic Hare chassis, even with two blade discs, you won't be able to cut to the edge. At the end, it only depends on you, if you can cut the edge. Just place the motor on any chassis so the disc can cut edges or use a larger disk.

From a safety point of view, I really can't warn you enough. There is a good reason why lawn mower robots don't cut the entire width. They are pretty stupid devices and they don't care if they cut grass, feet, paws, childrens fingers and so on.

Oben