Cutting disc question

alda

Hi,
mower is running, but still working on improvements. From the mechanical side I see a problem in cutting disc and blades.
Very often blades stop turning around screw axis, because there is a grass between blades and disc :

WP_20170607_06_35_50_Rich.jpg

Grass on the blade :
WP_20170607_06_36_00_Rich.jpg

Side view:
WP_20170607_06_36_04_Rich.jpg

Do you have a similar problems? What's your solution? Blade position (upper/lower side of disc) ?

Thanks for feedback

Alex

Thank you, yes it's option. How big space you have for blades ? Are they completly free ? Can they move up and down or only turn around ?
Alex

I just took the disc assembly from the shop and mounted it with the blades on top. Unfortunatelly i cannot send a picture, because i am at work, but maybe tonight - if its not raining cuts and dogs.
The blades are mounted with the original bolts from the shop. They can turn freely and wiggle a little up and down but the main thing is, the disc protect the blades from getting cluttered with gras. I think Automower also has a disc under the blades.

Regards
Wolfgang

Hi.
I think there is a problem normaly when you remove the blade the insert need to stay on the disc ? .
Yes the blade need to turn freely on the bold.
In fact this append when you mow a too hight grass, Normaly if the mower cut only 5 mm and Max 10 mm on dry grass this never append.
Please Glue the insert or you are going to destroy the disc ,I view a post on this but where ????
Thanks.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
I don't see any problem as long as the blades are outside of the disc and cutting the grass.

http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/de/forum/maehwerk/1060-gewindeeinsaetze-drehen-sich-bei-messerwechsel-raus#10492

Hi Wolfgang,
I'm also working on the new mower version 2018 named Black pearl. :)
But some of prepared modifications I will alredy implement on the current version. One of this is also shield. It's already in production. I reworked it from the system with ball bearing to the sytem with slide bearing. I also canceled inlets for screws which holds blades, but it's still 100% compatible with current plastic disc from the shop and very easy for production and very cheap.
Now I'm 90% done and will do a test to see how it's working. If it's ok, I will post more informations.

Alex

I hope the Black Pearl is water resisten in order not to sink on the grass ;)
I have to create a new chassis to be rain resistant. Therefore I am really interested in your solution.

Roland

Oben