ArduMower with tracks for steep hills

pampi

Hello everybody,

I actually started to make an remote crontrol track (like tank tracks) lawnmower( gas powered ) until i stumbled upon ArduMower.

I thought it would be fun to integrate ArduMower electronics to my soon to be tracked lawnmower.

I have a few questions if anybody can help me answer:

- how long can the perimeter line be? I have read that it can be max 1000m2; but the problem is becuse my lawn is something like 2000m2. Is it possible to get the perimeter line working on such bigger terrain?
- How does the LINE PATTERN mowing works? is it fully functional? And how does it behaves on steeper hillsides? I the steepest part is about 35 to 40 degrees. Would the ArduMower able to held a straight line? Keep in mind that it will use wide tracks so it probably wont have problems on steep terrain.
- Does Ardumower has adjustable cutting width? My lawnmower will have a 50cm cutting width.
- Can i change the ArduMower code to my specifications? Is it fully open-source?

My lawn is fully fenced so i have almost none safety problems about this project if anything goes bad.

Thank you very much!

Alen

Oben