Ardumower range

bielefeldt

How much area can you have Ardumower to handle?

Are you able to mount double or triple battery for better reach?

I have a grass area of ​​about 3500 m2, is it realistic?

Hi,

it all depends on battery capacity and how often you plan to mow. Also it depends if you plan to build your own mower (a large one, like big mow) or if you plan to use the chassis from shop.

In my opinion, you should consider a few points:
- can you mow each day and at any time? This is important for me because of safety. Bear in mind, you run an autonomuos but stupid device with fast spinning, really sharp blades and you don't observe it during operation. So if you have small children you will not be able to operate it at any time
- maybe you can separate your area into smaller areas (in front of house, behind house)
- if you want a really long runtime, don't use lead acid batteries as they become really heavy with high capacity. You have to use Li-Ion or LiPo battery. With ardumower battery, you can mow approx 3-4h depending on grade
- you can build your own Li-Ion battery and mow 10h or more, if it fits into chassis
- if you have this large area without lot of obstacles and without small passages (trees, gates, child playground), you can build your own chassis with for example 1m width. This give you a lot of space for a huge battery and will mow a lot of lawn at once.

What can an Ardumower standard bought in the shop handle?
- Operating time ?
- charging time?
- estimated area ?
- cable length ?

Perhaps it's a better idea to split the area into two or three parts and use two or 3 standart Ardumower's. They have been tested.

Building a BigMow will be an experiment with many challenges and reduced accessibility.

I don't think, that 3500 m2, are realistic.
When you look at industrie mowers, that can handle this area, then you will see, that they use brushless motors and the speed of the mower is much higher than the ardumower speed.
Regarding the perimeter signal, you need a very strong signal. You have to build or extend your own sender for this, If you take a look at the Automower, the maximal distance to the wire should not more than 35m. If you take a look at the big mow, it looks like they use a very stong sender.
When you use 3 mowers for example, you have the problem that each perimeter wire disturbs the other wire if they are side by side. So under this circumstances the mowers can only run one after the other.

What can an Ardumower standard bought in the shop handle?
- Operating time ?
- charging time?
- estimated area ?
- cable length ?

Oben