2 port BMS (separate ground for charge/discharge)

mrejster

Hi. I'm working on a Large ardumower (60cm cutting width) and therefor bought a large battery, around 20Ah. The issue is this battery came with a 2 port BMS system, i.e. there are separate grounds for connecting the charger, and for connecting the load of the battery, like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskElectronics/wiki/batteries#wiki_protectors_bmss
I'd like to use as many features as possible of the 1.3 board, and wonder if there is any way of connecting this battery, and use the in-charger detection (at least).

Thanks!

Hi,
I solved my problem by re-building my battery to single port BMS.
I bougth this from ebay:7S 20A Li-ion Lithium Battery PCB BMS 18650, and removed the old BMS from the battery pack.
NB! you must get a BMS for the correct cell count and type of battery.

Hope this helps!

Yep, that looks exactly like the one I got.
Only two cables out from the battery pack-BMS assembly. Same for charge/discharge, like the "original" Ardumower battery from marotronics.

Very cool. I don't know yet what BMS is inside my battery pack.
I will open to check and order this if its not possible to connect it in this way.

I don't think the original ardumower battery lasts too long without any BMS on it.
But considering there is wiring for BMS outside the battery. Its very easy to implement this solution for that battery as well without opening it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

no problem.

I've never seen the ardumower battery, but was pretty sure the ardumower battery had a BMS built in as well. (all li-ion needs that in some way)

good luck with the mower.
//Erik

Oben